16 March 2009

My (Un)Lovely Lady Lumps

Prior to becoming pregnant, I never really had what you would refer to as a 'big rack'. I was always a 34 B, not too big, by any far cry and not flat, either. I was just meh.

When I became pregnant, I adopted these gigantic jugs that were just not mine. I don't know who's they were, but surely no product of my body.

And then, there was the aftermath. I breastfed for a few weeks, until my supply dried up and my boobs went back to a minus 34 B. Translation: Not quite a B, but too big for an A cup.

What. Happened. To my boobs.

Realistically speaking, I understand the physiology of the stress pregnancy takes on your cup size. It dramatically differs month to month. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize this. You don't even have to have carried a baby to know it.

But now, that I've kind of got my pre-baby body back, I have to practically yearn for what I had before. My pre-baby boobs. Where did they go? Will they come back? I apologize for my lack of discretion; this is a burning question of mine as of late.

I'm twenty-five years old. I need better boobs. I'm honestly starting to think about even paying for them.

If I could afford to spend a few grand on something frivolous...

The more I think about it, I think I would. I don't know. I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm not anti-surgery. I'd never get facial work done, because I'd be too aghast at looking at myself in the mirror and seeing someone even slightly different than what I've gotten used to looking at over my years, liking it or not. I couldn't.

But a boob job might be different.

How do we feel about our boobs, ladies? Is a boob job something we'd rule out? Should I consider it? Does it set back the obligatory feminist in us, no matter how deeply buried?

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I would throw in my two cents. I have bought boobs. They set my parents back $8500. It was a horrifyingly painful process and you have to get them redone every ten years. So in four years, I have to do it again and pay for it myself. And then again...and again...

    Sure, I've got nice boobs, but they are not worth the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, $8500... That's about two grand more than I'd be willing to spend. My husband and I actually talked about this the other night and decided if it was financially feasible to do it, then I'd do it... But now knowing that they have to be redone every ten years, that's just frightening. Through the course of my life (God willing I live long enough to enjoy them!) they could potentially end up costing me an additional $50k... That's a lot for some silicon!

    ReplyDelete