09 March 2009

Beauty And The Beast













Tale as old as time.

Unfortunately, as true as it can be.

Rihanna, the recently-beaten, heads back to work this week not days after deliberations that charged Brown with felony assault and terroristic threats. According to her producer, Adonis Shropshire, Rihanna is resuming her life and beginning new recordings. "She's doing okay", Shropshire is quoted to say. Shropshire explains that Rihanna is using her music to "move forward".

Move forward, indeed.

Rihanna, aka Robyn Rihanna Fenty, has declined a no-contact order against the accused beater.

There. Are. No. Words.

I understand that she's under a great amount of stress right now. I can believe that she's confused and hurt and doesn't know where to turn.

But how. How. In God's green Earth, do you turn to the one who practically strangled you to the point of unconsciousness?

I can't fathom it. I can't even stomach it.

I'm a reformed victim of emotional abuse (just as real as any abuse that there is) and once my relationship dipped to an all-time low, I was out. I was done. There's only so much you can take (and simultaneously know in the back of your mind that you shouldn't be putting up with it, 'loving him' or not).

I am, as I am sure are Rihanna's fans, wholeheartedly disappointed in her lack of repulsion of this horrible creature known as Chris Brown. There is no turning back for her, now. And I'm sorry to say, after taking a mistake back of this magnitude, whatever comes to her down the road is entirely on her head.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying 'she deserves what she gets' by any means; this is clearly a damaged, wounded girl. However, there is only so much accountability that can be taken for things that are out of your control. Beyond that, it's all growth and reliance on your own previous experiences.

Such a sad, sad situation.

I don't see this ending well.

No comments:

Post a Comment